HO Absolute RDC Project – CNW set
HO Absolute RDC Project – C&NW set
Rapido Trains Inc. is proud to present the entire fleet of Chicago & North Western RDC units in HO scale, comprised of RDC-1 cars #9933 & #9934 and RDC-2 #9935.
Purchased in 1950 to evaluate in commuter service, the three RDCs were used in a fixed set between Chicago and Milwaukee. Although the RDCs were cheaper to operate than locomotive hauled services, the C&NW eventually abandoned the project and standardized on bi-level formations for its commuter operations. In 1957 all three RDCs were sold to the Chesapeake & Ohio.
We are offering all three C&NW cars individually or as a three-car set, see below.
Our HO Scale Model Features:
- Designed from 3D scans of the real RDCs (Phase 1 and Phase 2)
- Accurate Phase 1 and Phase 2 details and fluting
- Correct Phase 1b, Phase 1c and Phase 2 roof blisters
- Numerous American and Canadian paint schemes
- Rapido’s acclaimed “stainless steel” finish
- Full interior detail with constant lighting and no motor visible through the windows
- Two five-pole, skew-wound motors hidden in the actual engine bays
- Crazy amount of underbody detail
- Separate underframe piping and conduit
- Lit number boards and class lights
- Working nose door Gyralite and ditch lights where appropriate
- Fabricated or cast truck sideframes, as appropriate
- Minimum Radius 18″
- All wheels powered
- Separate grab irons and front door chains
- Etched-metal roof grills and fan covers
- Wrap-around nose fluting, if appropriate
- Separate diaphragms, if appropriate
- Loads of roadname-specific details
- DC Silent or DC/DCC/Sound
- Models will have either Detroit or Cummins engine sounds as appropriate.
- Models will have standard bell or E-bell as appropriate.
- Rapido RDC Underframe with CRAZY underbody detail – a Rapido hallmark.
Despite rising production costs, the MSRP is unchanged at $325 (DC/DCC/Sound) and $225 (DC/Silent) in the United States and the rest of the world.
As usual, these railcars will be made to order.